Write for Woodfordia
We’re always looking for a great story and we love discovering new and exciting contributors from our community. If you have something heartfelt and inspirational you would like to share, here’s what we’re looking for:
- Original Content – We ask that any articles submitted be unique and original and of course related to Woodfordia or it’s many events.
- Word Count – We request that articles stay within the range of 250 – 1000 words. If you have a lot to say, please break it up into separate articles.
- Tone – Positive, warm, poetic, honest and interesting. Please refrain from slandering anyone or using wording others may find offensive.
- Preferred Format – Please send your article as an editable Google document. If you don’t use Google Docs, please copy the article directly into your email.
- Compensation – As we are a small, not-for-profit organisation, we do not provide monetary compensation to contributors, however, we will credit your article and link to your personal website and social media channels (specifically Facebook, Instagram and Twitter). Think of your article as a small donation to our cause.
- Review Process – We ask that you give us 14 days to respond to your submission. Please do not follow up before then.
- Proofread your article. We are happy to help edit your article but unfortunately we cannot re-write it for you. Spelling, grammar and formatting are important if you want us to publish your article.
- Photos – We encourage all contributors to submit a selection of unique photos. Photos should be a minimum of 850 pixels wide by 567 tall. Bigger the better, and as high resolution as possible. Please don’t send a stock image.
Please send all article submissions to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you and sharing your story with our community.