Please take moment to read this important safety information.
- Footwear is strictly compulsory. Be aware of the possibility of snakes, stinging plants and insects and wear enclosed shoes. Watch your footing. The ground is uneven with potholes and gullies.
- Do not light camp fires. This is a high fire risk area.
- Do not enter forestry area or neighbours’ properties.
- All tap water on site is of drinkable quality. Dam and creek water are unsuitable for drinking.
- No swimming in dams. Water quality is not suitable for swimming
- Plastic, sharp objects, cans and cigarette butts all endanger native wildlife, so please dispose of them thoughtfully.
- Protect wild flora and please do not damage or take any flora from the site.
- Children must be supervised at all times. You are in the bush and children face a range of risks.
- Hollow logs and gullies may be the habitat of snakes, insects, birds and other animals. Please leave these well alone.
Re portable butane gas cookers: Please check and only bring compliant gas cookers to Woodfordia: https://www.dnrm.qld.gov.au/mining/safety-and-health/alerts-bulletins-search/alerts-bulletins/petroleum-gas/butane-gas-cookers