As The Planting is held in autumn, expect mornings to be cool and the evenings chilly to cold. The days can range from sunny to quite hot with the possibility of rain.
Tips for Day Visitors
The Planting is a great place for a day visit. A hat and sunglasses, comfortable shoes and sunscreen are essential for an enjoyable experience.
It can get cooler at night, so be prepared with a light jumper and warm jacket. We also suggest that you pack an umbrella or raincoat and suitable shoes in case we have some rain.
There will be food outlets operating within the festival precinct from Friday evening, or you are welcome to bring your own.
Please dispose of your rubbish in the bins provided and recycle where possible.
Tips for Campers
Come and set-up your tent, camper trailer, caravan, van or swag. The days are warm, but the nights are chilly. Bring warm bedding as well as shade from the sun. Pack a warm jacket and hat as well as sunscreen and sun hats for the warm, sunny days. We also suggest packing for rain—raincoat, suitable shoes and an umbrella.
- There is no electricity available on-site for patrons’ campsites unless it is required for life support. Generators are prohibited.
- There is no site lock-up so all valuables remain the responsibility of the camper and we suggest you lock them in your car which can be parked next to your camp.
- No fire or glass allowed in the festival camping grounds.
- Please do not drive around the site once you have set-up camp—there are little ones about. Consider using a bicycle to commute from your campsite to the festival entrance.
- Please make sure you set-up in the allocated area.
- Please keep your site neat and tidy and dispose of your rubbish in the bins provided and recycle where possible.
- You are welcome to bring your own food and cooking equipment to the festival site but fires are not permitted. There will be food outlets operating within the festival precinct from Friday evening.
Water is always a precious commodity at Woodfordia as we are not connected to the main supply. We would appreciate it if all patrons could help us in conserving water by limiting themselves to one short shower per day and check that taps are not left running or dripping. All tap water on site is drinkable but for conservation and your own convenience please bring all the drinking water you’ll need with you from home.
Download The Ultimate Packing List
Important safety warning re portable butane gas cookers. Please check and only bring compliant gas cookers to Woodfordia: https://www.dnrm.qld.gov.au/mining/safety-and-health/alerts-bulletins-search/alerts-bulletins/petroleum-gas/butane-gas-cookers